Don’t be Deceived by Political Christianity!
Posted by Job on October 15, 2008
‘And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH’
What does Babylon the Great represent? It is a symbol that stands for all the ungodly religious-political-social-economic systems that humans have created. As John might put it in his letters, Babylon is simply “the world” (1 John 2:15). The world system depicted under this symbol would be that one that does not reflect God’s nature of love, and which in turn enslaves mankind.
Another worthwhile message/warning posted today by Pastor Kato Mivule of Uganda at Yesu Mulungi:
Christian Response to Secular Government…
Kato Mivule…Oct 13 2008
It is election time in the USA and Christians are not mandated to vote or not to vote in the Bible, at least by New Testament Teachings. So, the choice to vote and not to vote is left up to the conscience and judgment of a believer.
However, the New Testament is very clear when it comes to what a Christian’s Responses should be when governed by any secular government. We are not to engage in any type of armed rebellion or incitements just because you disagree with the Ruling Authorities…
A lot of Christian Blogs and websites in America are so scared that Barrack Obama will become the next President of the US that they are busy sending out emails and articles that are nothing but HATE, REBELLION, and FEAR MONGERING that somehow Arab Moslems are going to overrun the US Whitehouse and install Communism.
Many Christians, especially in the “Christian Remnant Movement” are caught up in these Hate Mongering Christian Religious Right sites that they are preparing themselves for Rebellion and in some cases joining ‘Christian Vigilante Militia’ groups so as to ‘Retake America Back’ in case Obama wins the Election…
However, I WARN YOU to WATCH OUT and don’t be deceived into joining such foolish blood thirsty hate groups. Regardless of who wins the November Elections, the Sky will not fall… Regardless of if McCain wins or Obama wins, the Bible is clear as to what our mandate to government should be as Christians.
Personally, I don’t agree with the Policies of GW Bush but he is still the President of the USA and the Bible commands us that we give him due honor…
America’s Religious Right Evangelicals are deceived and their Trust is now in Hate, Rebellion, and the Gun… Don’t follow such men, they are heading to HELL. They hide behind Pro Life, Anti Abortion, Anti Gay, Pro Marriage but are not, they are simply using Christianity as a cover for EVIL… Brethren WATCH OUT and don’t be DECEIVED by POLITICAL CHRISTIANITY!
This is what the New Testament teaches our response should be to Secular Government….
(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
(2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
(3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
(4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
(5) Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
(6) For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
(7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
(8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
1 Peter 2:13-18
(13) Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
(14) Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
(15) For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
(16) As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
(17) Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
(18) Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
(1) Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
(2) To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness unto all men.