Jesus Christ Is Lord

That every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father!

The New York Times Says Religion Is Great So Long As It Does Not Involve God

Posted by Job on March 4, 2007

See link (which is extremely long!) here. Why adhere to such a curious position? Well, of course believing in God is a nonstarter, because if there is a God then He will want to do things like tell you what to do, and will be so serious about it as to leave behind a BIBLE containing in it things that you can do and can’t do. Oh yes, and this God will also punish you for not doing those things, and that punishment will also be described in that same BIBLE. So why not just promote atheism? Well, I want to say that it is because they want to remain relevant and influential in a culture where they themselves admit that 92% of people believe in a God that has personal characteristics and even most of the remaining 8% believe in a God of SOME sort, and that is no doubt part of it. But the main reason that they are not willing to advocate that religion be declared a danger and be discarded as a result (as is Richard Dawkins, whom they mention in the column while not mentioning his antipathy for religion in general and Christianity in particular, or that his motivations seem to strangely revolve around being upset that Christianity tells him who – or what – he can or cannot have sexual relations with) is that they find religion useful. Martin Luther King Day et al, remember? Religion is a powerful tool, the most powerful in fact, for advancing their soical and political goals. The takeover of America and of many Latin American nations, for instance, would have been impossible to accomplish so quickly without an active “Christian left” willing to be used to speak the language of faith in order to attain social and political goals (goals that I might add that are almost always in opposition to God, and the tactics used to achieve those goals being in opposition to Him as well). So their desire is for people to keep their religious practices and observances and be as devoted and passionate to them as you choose, but leave this “God stuff” out of it. Which, of course, is – as I stated earlier – precisely what the beast, or the anti – Christ, has used in the past and will use again. So does that leave any doubt as to which side the New York Times is on? (Now of course I am not engaging in the favorite right wing pasttime of bashing the New York Times; I am just using them for the same reason why anyone would shoot fish in a barrel … it is easy and fun.) So then the question that is left is: which side are YOU on? If you are on the wrong one, use this link to get on the right one!  

Advertisements

2 Responses to “The New York Times Says Religion Is Great So Long As It Does Not Involve God”

  1. hey stupid

  2. Intellectual:

    To be considered “stupid” by the world is to be considered wise by God. “I Corinthians 1:20 – Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? I Corinthians 1:27 – But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. I Corinthians 3:19
    For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.” So be careful, you may be paying me a compliment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: